Educational Discounts! University staff and students: please submit the STU/Professor Form to receive a 20% discount coupon for Roskam titles (does not apply to Kindle or CreateSpace purchase)
Dr. Jan Roskam • Soft cover • 310 pp • Reprint: 2013
Airplane Design Part II: Preliminary Configuration Design and Integration of the Propulsion System is the second book in a series of eight volumes on airplane design. The airplane design series has been internationally acclaimed as a practical reference that covers the methodology and decision making involved in the process of designing airplanes. Educators and industry practitioners across the globe rely on this compilation as both a textbook and a key reference.
Airplane Design Part II: Preliminary Configuration Design and Integration of the Propulsion System familiarizes the reader with the following fundamentals:
- Selection of the overall configuration
- Design of cockpit and fuselage layouts
- Selection and integration of the propulsion system
- Class I method for wing planform design
- Class I method for verifying clean airplane maximum lift coefficient and for sizing high lift devices
- Class I method for empennage sizing and disposition, control surface sizing and disposition, landing gear sizing and disposition, weight and balance analysis, stability and control analysis and drag polar determination
About the Author:
Dr. Jan Roskam has authored ten books on airplane flight dynamics and airplane design. He co-authored Airplane Aerodynamics and Performance with Dr. CT. Lan. He has written more than 160 papers on these topics and authored the popular Roskam's War Stories. He has actively participated in more than 36 major airplane programs. He retired as Ackers Distinguished Professor of Aerospace Engineering at The University of Kansas (KU) in 2003, where he taught airplane design, stability and control. Dr. Roskam retired as President of DARcorporation (Design, Analysis and Research Corporation) in 2004. He currently serves as an active consultant for DARcorporation, which develops and markets airplane design and analysis software, and is a successful private and government consulting firm.
Airplane Design Part II: Preliminary Configuration Design and Integration of the Propulsion System
- Brand: DARcorporation
- Product Code: 320
- Availability: In Stock