Dr. Jan Roskam • Soft cover • 550 pp • Reprint: 2008
Airplane Design Part VI: Preliminary Calculation of Aerodynamic, Thrust and Power Characteristics is the sixth book in a series of eight volumes on airplane design.
The airplane design series has been internationally acclaimed as a practical reference that covers the methodology and decision making involved in the process of designing airplanes.
Educators and industry practitioners across the globe rely on this compilation as both a textbook and a key reference.
Airplane Design Part VI: Preliminary Calculation of Aerodynamic, Thrust and Power Characteristics, familiarizes the reader with the following fundamentals:
- Methods for estimating airplane drag with and without flaps
- Methods for estimating airplane lift with and without flaps
- Methods for estimating airplane pitching moment with and without flaps
- Methods for estimating installed thrust and power data
- Methods for estimating stability derivatives
- Methods for estimating control derivatives
- Methods for estimating hingemoment derivatives
Other Buying Options:
- Kindle Edition: $9.95
- Kindle Direct Publishing Paperback Print: $65.00 (recommended for international purchase)
Educational Discounts! University staff and students: please submit the STU/Professor Form to receive a 20% discount coupon for Roskam titles (does not apply to Kindle or Kindle Direct Publishing purchase)
About the Author:
Dr. Jan Roskam has authored ten books on airplane flight dynamics and airplane design. He co-authored Airplane Aerodynamics and Performance with Dr. CT. Lan. He has written more than 160 papers on these topics and authored the popular Roskam's War Stories. He has actively participated in more than 36 major airplane programs. He retired as Ackers Distinguished Professor of Aerospace Engineering at The University of Kansas (KU) in 2003, where he taught airplane design, stability and control. Dr. Roskam retired as President of DARcorporation (Design, Analysis and Research Corporation) in 2004. He currently serves as an active consultant for DARcorporation, which develops and markets airplane design and analysis software, and is a successful private and government consulting firm.
Airplane Design Part VI: Preliminary Calculation of Aerodynamic, Thrust and Power Characteristics
- Brand: DARcorporation
- Product Code: 360
- Availability: In Stock